Saturday, October 31, 2015

Mawriage...Does it bring us together??

So this week I learned a lot about marriage and that there are many problems when it come to adjusting to marriage. We first talked about the first month, first year, and then frist child. All these topics have a lot more than meets the eye.

For Example:
1st month: My husband and I just celebrated our 2 months together on Wednesday, so I can agree with all the things that we talked about at class. Some of them are

1. Change in sleeping arrangements
2. Co-dependent
3. roles in the relationship
4. Sharing shower time, mirror time, and just sharing period.
5. spending changes. Budgeting
6. eating changes.
7. Cleaning
8. Family rituals like Family Home Evening, family prayer, and scripture study
9. time with friends and family
10. Use of cell phone, Facebook, and data.

As we talked about all these changes in a matter of one day can definitely cause problems, unless talked about before marriage. But honestly, I don't think that can solve all your problems because you dont realized that it could be a huge challenge tell it is happening, like sleeping together. It was amazing! For me, the first week, I don't think I got any sleep because it was just so weird that someone was sharing a bed with me. haha or that temperature was such a big deal. My husband doesn't like to sleep with blankets and I cant sleep without one. if I tried to cuddle, he would shove me off because I was too hot. haha Thing have changed a little since then, he will sleep with a blanket, but the cuddling is a hit and miss.... ANYWAYS. Marriage is as good as your communication. Before and after getting married. Communication can save a lot of stress and pain. Marriage is scary, but it really does bring us together and I have never been so happy in my life then now being married to the man of my dreams. Doesn't mean that we have problems, but we know how to communicate and become better people in the mean time.


No comments:

Post a Comment