Saturday, November 14, 2015

Why do bad things happen to good families??

When I was on my mission in the Philippines I was asked that question a lot. I even asked it a time or two in my lifetime and even to the people in the Philippines that were so great and loving, but still had hard trials in their lives. Sometimes when this question is not answered, we blame God. Today i hope to finally answer the question we all ask at least one point in our lives.

So why? Some of the reasons are opportunities to
1. Strengthen relations in our family and/or friends
2. We become greater. We can show ourselves what we are made of!!

An excellent example of this is hearing my parents talking about how poor they were when they were first married and they say they miss it!! Why on Earth would anyone miss being poor! They always have talked so fondly of that time. As we discussed the reasons why this could be such an amazing experience for my parents amongst something that is a big trial. One of the reasons is that my parents became stronger together. They grew stronger together through relying on each other, knowing what and how the money is spent and having the opportunity to help and support each other in hard times. I also believe that they learned to be happy with the small and simple things.Which brings me to another thought. What would happen if nothing bad ever happened and everything was great?

I know that we are not able to understand all the reasons why things happen that are difficult, but I know that we are able to have compassion and empathy for others that could be going through hard/ difficulties that we have gone through. We can be their angel sent to answer their prayers. I know from personal experience the feeling of needing help and that help finally coming.

In Chinese the word crisis means this -> 危機 and translated to English it means: danger and opportunity/chance. I know that crises in our lives can give us the opportunity to change and the chance to be closer to our friends, family, and our Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment